Thursday, November 29, 2007

WHAT ABOUT MY LIGHTS?

Back in the 90's I moved in a new developement, 2nd. phase, and the lot was on the far opposite side of the model. We were like the 23rd. house that went up. The area boomed and all was well...or so I thought.

Our electricity would go out...frequently. I would call and after pushing the buttons as prompted the recording would say they were aware of the problem and were working to get it fixed. After a few month's I started to notice that the electricity would come back on for the people across the street and beyond, yet my side would stay dark.

Of course I would get back on the phone with AEP. I was actually able to speak to a live person after about an hour. The lady on the other end was actually suprised we were without power and sounded pretty sorry that she had turned her phone back on. hehe I wasn't about to let her hang up untill someone could explain why my power wasn't on. They were now telling me their crew was reporting they were finished working in our area and on to another job. WTF? I wanted electricity!

Another 25 minutes or so goes by and they are telling me they have it figured out. Turns out, my little side of the street was hooked up to a different transformer than all the rest.

Well, I let them have it. I told them I had no intentions of paying them for any electricity I didn't use. Yep, I'm no dumby, "I'm not paying" I said again. The lady on the other end said back to me "Mam, your meter isn't registering any use because you don't have electricity running to your home". I wanted to tell her to just shut up, but I knew I was guilty of JackAssery and hung up the phone.

BTW, how do you like my red and green? It's all Christmasy and stuff.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arithmetic Erasure Product??
tc

Manny said...

tc-how did you get here so fast?

Anonymous said...

Your post read AEP and nothing else.

Hon I live in Michigan and I have a cape!

What red and green? all I see is blue and orange.

:)
tc

Crabby said...

Oh my! That WAS JackAssery. But what worries me is.....I was thinking as I read....I don't blame her for not paying. Would that be....a double JackAssery?

I like the red and green. It's colors. I love colors. And shiny stuff. That's fun.

TC, (I know I'm gonna be sorry I asked) but.....what's a cape?

Anonymous said...

crabby..faster than a speeding locomotive..
Here I come to save the day..
Able to leap tall buildings
Wanna see my big red S?
:)

SignGurl said...

Manny, I'm calling you next time I have any issues. You will clear them up using your JackAsseryness. You rock!

SignGurl said...

P.S. I want to see TC's big red.............S.

G-Man said...

8th?
Hmmmmmmmm
I'm Non-Plussed!!!
Good Night!!!
xoxox

Manny said...

I could stay here and answer each comment individually, but I have kitty litter money to make.

Manny said...

Big Red S? Lemme see

Anonymous said...

good lord how much are you paying for kitty litter down there?lol

My big red S is for SuperCat and I wear it on my chest just like my hero Superman.
Unfortunately I don't have any pics it's still at the cleaners.:)

SignGurl said...

TC, you are no fun!! We wanna see!

GAB said...

red and green good!

G-Man said...

Good Night Manny...xox

Unknown said...

That electricity on/off trauma sounds like a copier I had in an office back in the ‘70s. It would stop working, we’d call the repair guy, he would get it working, and in less than half an hour after he left, it would stop again. I threatened his company that either the thing was fixed and stayed fixed or I’d chain the repair guy to the damned machine.

I like the red ‘n green!

Anonymous said...

someone stopped by my blog and took a big spoonful out of my casserole...any ideas who???lol

Manny said...

I know nothing.