Friday, November 23, 2007

WHY I'M NOT INVITED

Black Friday, this is the only day of the year The Squirrel takes off no matter what. She has worked Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, while I was in the hospital, and even my birthday. On rare occasions she will grace Crab and I by taking a day off so we can hang out together, but not very often.

Keep in mind she always tell's us she can never be out at the same time as her boss. Except of course for "Black Friday". The two of them take the day off to shop together...and they're good at it. They even have walky talkies so they can keep tabs on each other. They enter the store, each one grabbing a basket, and hit opposite ends. With each one knowing what the other need's to buy, they hook up in the middle with all the gift's and head for the check out. They do this ALL THE DAY LONG!

Six years ago I thought it sounded like fun. I thought... go shopping, eat some good food, hang out with Squirrel and The Smokey, how could it not be fun? Yea, this will be fun.

It all went down hill from there. The first store we hit was the Wal Mart and it sucked. People were rude and greedy and I'm not about to take anyone's crap. The employees weren't much better.

We hit a few other store's, I don't remember which one's...everything is still just a blurr. I still shudder at the thought.

Upon leaving store number 4 or 5, I notice it's still early in the day and that's when my mouth opened and said "I'm ready to go home now". "Nuh uh" said Squirrel. "Yes I am and I want to go now". "It's only 10 freekin(only for real) 30. We are not ready to leave yet". "You need to take me home right now". I demanded. "I can't freeking believe this freekin crap (only for real). You know we go at this all freeking day. You know we do this every freekin year."

Finally she and Smokey decided it would be best just to dump me off. You need to know that one of the hardest things to do is make The Squirrel mad, but if you get her cussing for real, throwing the "F" work around, nostrils flaring, you're in big trouble.

I don't get invited to go anymore. As a matter of fact, I'm not even permitted to talk about it. If somehow, it come's up in conversation, I have to lower my head and keep my mouth shut because she just sit's there glaring at me. I get scared. The only reason I'm brave enough to tell you guys is because she doesn't have the internet at home and will never (And I mean NEVER) find out I was talking about Black Friday.

13 comments:

SignGurl said...

Ahahaha!! I know why you and I get along so well now. I absolutely HATE shopping with a passion and you couldn't pay me to go out on Black Friday.

Hope you had a great turkey day!

GAB said...

Ah yes I would be just like you had I ever gone on a black friday shopping trip.
For real I can't even think of getting up that early to shop! I cant walk very far so if they dont have one of those motorised carts then I'm stuck and I know about those rude people I run into them every christmas eve when I have to go shopping for x-mas gifts.

G-Man said...

You are a demanding whench!!
And a pretty one at that!
Chinese or cheap Mexican today?...xox

G-Man said...

Manny...
Happy Sunday!!
xoxox

SignGurl said...

Just popped in to say hi. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lol that's a great story manny and I have to ask.."what were you thinking?" lol
tc

jillie said...

Yep, the beginning of the holiday season and it brings the WORST out in people!

I go in to maybe one or two stores, get what I need and get the hell out of Dodge. I am home by 8 or 9.

I don't have the patience to pull the all day thing...lol!

SignGurl said...

I'm here to play and you are not. Hrumph...

G-Man said...

Good Night Manny..
xoxoxox

Crabby said...

If they didn't get up in the middle of the night, I'd go. But no WAY am I getting outa bed before I have to.

G-Man said...

I just saw the Vid, NO NIP SLIP!!!
Grrrrrrrrr.....

G-Man said...

G'Nite Manny...xox

SignGurl said...

Manny!!!!