Wednesday, November 21, 2007

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING?

I have always been thankful for the life I have been given. This year I feel even more thankful.

Just 2 month's ago I was in the hospital very near to death. I remember thinking I wasn't going to see my 45th. birthday. I remember thinking what a sucky time of year it would be for my family and how they would carry it with them for years to come. I remember thinking about how it would sound to hear one of them say "It's an odd numbered year" (most of you will not get that) I remember thinking that surely there could still be some good thing's left for me to do and how I wouldn't mind doing them.

I remember being afraid. Not wanting to be alone and at the same time not wanting my sister's to feel they had to be there every second. I remember wanting them there every second. I remember how very hard it is being the 'care giver'.

Thank you God. Thank you for my family. For the mother who raised 3 girls on her own and managed to instill the love we have for each other. Thank you for giving us a heart to stay together through all of life's journies.

There just isn't enough space on the internet for me to list the blessings in my life I'm thankful for. I thank God for this. I pretty much thank God for everything and I know I do not walk alone.


You want to know something else?
Care Givers and Farmers have the real guts. A farmer put's everything into his land. A Care Giver put's everything into their family. Putting their all into nurturing and growth. I'm thankful for the Care Givers and the Farmers too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You of all people understand the meaning of Thanksgiving after your journey during your illness.
Things we take for granted which lose their specialness because they are in our lives everyday.
It's not until our existence is challenged do we awaken and see the gift of even the simplest of things.
You've been given a gift, you embrace this gift, you honor it and you give thanks for it.
Thank you for this beautiful post manny.

I have to laugh we must've bumped into one another and didn't realize it.lol

I would also have to say your mother nurtured and encouraged all of your family's wonderful sense of humor that in itself has healing powers.
tc

SignGurl said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt post, Manny!

One of the things I'm most thankful for is that you are still with us to be our friend.

Have a great day!

Love ya!

Manny said...

You guys rock.




I am so hungry right now. I don't know how I'm going to wait for dinner. It will be delish all thanks to crab and her gang.

Manny said...

Hey, I don't know why crab is over there posting when she should be cooking.

SignGurl said...

Is is dinner time yet?

Manny said...

Oh sign, I have to wait till 12:30. And I hear there is video footage of last nights prep. This can't be good.

GAB said...

Amen!
If it wasn't for the farmers we couldnt eat.
If it wasnt for the caregivers our elders and sick would be alone and suffer.
Thanks Manny for the best list of all....

Manny said...

OMG! I can barley move this morning.

I have to go to work and make the kitty litter money. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

thanks mom for getting us kitty litter, can we have some mice crackers tonight too?
tc

Crabby said...

Yeah, I have footage from yesterday too. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! I can't WAIT for you to see the video I've got coming up. LMAO!

Manny shows her all. (oh and I also have the Squirrel after she had her......er....incident with the bathroom surprise.

shhhh. Don't tell them anything. I'll get our movie up. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha!